This recipe is flavorful, very simple, low in fat, easy to make and can be ready in 30 min.
Ingredients (for 4 to 5 servings)
Broccoli Stir Fry
– 1 tbsp Oil
– 1 small onion diced
– 3 garlic cloves diced
– 1 tsp ginger grated
– 1 tsp paprika
– Black pepper and Salt to taste
– 1 medium head of broccoli cut into small florets
– 1/3 cup vegetable broth
– 1 can chickpeas
– 1 cup Brussels sprout washed and cut in half
– 1/2 Cup water
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 2 tbsp maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
1) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and all spices then saute for 3 minutes.
2) Add broccoli florets, brussels sprouts and vegetable broth. Fry until the vegetables are tender , for about 10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and whisk.
4) Add the sauce to the broccoli and brussels sprouts
5) Add chickpeas.
6) Bring to boil until the sauce simmers … You can serve with rice or with mashed potatoes.