It’s not autumn yet , at least not where i live now… it’s always summer in Dubai ! but we love to say autumn started anyways … If you’re a fan of pumpkin treats, that’s an awesome cake for you to try. I wasn’t really a big fan of pumpkin, but now I’m a am and i love pumpkin puddings, cookies, cakes, donuts … you name it !
This cake is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free but i will also mention replacements in case you don’t mind have a little bit of sugar in your treats. The combination works perfectly. This cake is filled inside and topped with vegan cashew nut cream cheese, you will see that I use this recipe for almost all my cake that require cream cheese but every time i make minor modifications. with carrot cake, i add some lemon to it, while with pumpkin I’ve added cinnamon.
Now, let’s do the cake ! here’s below what you need and how you made it , the recipe is good for 2 layers 8 inch cake or 3 layers 6 inch .
– 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free All purpose Flour (or normal all purpose Flour)
– 1 Cup Maple Syrup or the equivalent in raw cane sugar
– 2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 2 cups almond milk
– 1 Cup pumpkin (canned)
– 1 tsp Vanilla
– 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Cashew Nut Cream Cheese
– 2 Cups raw cashews soaked in hot water for at least 2 hours
– 1/2 Cup Almond milk
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 2 tsp vanilla
– 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
– 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
2. Heat the coconut oil until melted then keep it aside to cool down
3. In the mean time, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, vinegar, vanilla , then add the coconut oil slowly while you are whisking .
5. Fold the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (you can also add some walnuts ).
6. Combine , but do not overmix then grease your cake pans with coconut oil and fold in the batter.
7. Bake for 30-40 min , until a toothpick comes out clean then remove and leave on the side to cool down.
For the cream cheese
1. Start by blending on high speed the cashew nuts , for at least 2 minutes then add the rest of the ingredients one by one.
2. keep it in the fridge for 2 hours until it’s set , before adding it to your cake
Enjoy ! and don’t forget to tag me when you do the cake